Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Spontaneous Pie

I just put two scoops of whole wheat flour and sprinkles of salt in a bowl. I poured a generous amount of corn oil over it to moisten it along with two splashes of water, forming a ball. I pressed the whole crumbly mess into my clay pie pan with my fingers. Then I chopped a huge white onion and tossed it into the crust. I grated a raw white potato on top of the onions. Then I beat eight eggs with a little water and a sprinkle of Mrs Dash and poured it carefully into all of the pie's crevices. I baked it in my preheated 350 degree oven. While it was baking I steamed a bunch of chopped carrots in my small lidded iron pot. The onion pie baked for about an hour. The eggs puffed up a bit - it was simple and delicious. I want to make it again and tomorrow and try it with spinach.

1 Comment

Victoria Thorne said...

ummm...I love this so much I blogged & twittered it...you make things sound so wonderful