Monday, June 8, 2009

Chocolate Cake

I made this cake last night. The original recipe for my chocolate cake was cut off of a box of cocoa 20 years ago but I've adapted it over the years. The pumpkin is something I tried last night for the first time because we had some leftover in the fridge, and I love how it came out!

1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup corn oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla (or more)
1 1/2 cups pumpkin
2 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cups of cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins or chocolate chips
dash of cinnamon + ginger (optional)

Beat the sugar oil and eggs with a whisk add vanilla and pumpkin and mix in all the dry ingredients. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes. I baked mine in a greased and preheated cast iron Bundt pan. Let cool for 15 minutes before turning it onto a cooling rack. Enjoy!

0 comments: