Sunday, June 29, 2014

Avocado Mango Tomato Salad

Last night we went to a 60th birthday party in the backyard beach cottage of our longtime friend who is now running an American School in Bejing.

We all brought favorite appetizers. I fried and salted corn tortillas and brought them in a basket wrapped in a striped cloth with cold chili and a bottle of Cholula.

I wore my newly repaired black vest and polka dotted skirt Johnny Rodriguez sent me. We saw friends we haven't seen in decades.

Someone brought this salad and I ate it on my corn tortillas.

In a large serving bowl, whisk together vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Slowly whisk in oil. Toss in mangoes, avocado and red onion to coat. Serve immediately.

source

Ingredients

1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 mangoes, cubed
2 avocados, cubed
1/2 small red onion, diced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

I add Cholula hot sauce,

I add chopped tomatoes, corn, black beans, eat on freshly fried crisp salted corn tortillas.

0 comments: