Monday, December 17, 2018

A Vat of Cabbage Soup

I bought a big head of cabbage at the local BIG APPLE orchard and farm in Wrentham yesterday along with another big bag of Baldwins.

I just made a vat of cabbage soup.

I used a whole bulb of garlic, onions, one whole bunch of celery, 2 pounds of carrots, 2 chicken bullion cubes, hot chouriço, Adobo, kosher salt, olive oil, and water.

When it cools I might decide if it needs anything more. I might cook a pot of lentils to add. At this late point it's best to add the lentils after wards because the carrots and cabbage are perfectly cooked now and I don't want them to become mush.

Update: I simmered a pound of lentils in my slow cooker and then added them to the big soup pot. I added more Adobo and salt and olive oil and it was fantastic.

0 comments: