Friday, February 1, 2013

Lentil Gloup

I made a simple soup last night and it was so delicious. I rinsed a pound of lentils and put them in my crock pot with water and olive oil. Then I coarsely-chopped onions, carrots, celery and I added a can of crushed tomatoes. I peeled a bunch of fresh garlic and threw it in halved, and cored. I added dried basil from my garden, Adobo, red chili flakes and freshly ground black pepper. I threw in a few leaves of cabbage (chopped) and chopped fresh kale and three bay leaves. I found some cooked leftover barley and wheat berries in the fridge and threw them in. I covered the pot with a vented lid and let it simmer for a few hours. I added some more water when it needed it. It was more of a gloup than a soup. It was amazing. Tonight we ate it with pepper jack cheese on top.

0 comments: