Saturday, July 20, 2013

French Fry Soup

Yesterday while I was working I thought of taking my last two cups of German potato salad and throwing them it the blender with a few ice cubes and a cup of my cooked chick pea broth to make an impromptu vichyssoise, minus the leeks. So that's exactly what I did, adding salt and freshly ground pepper. This was the right lunch on a hot day.

Later for dinner I ladled some leftover tomato vegetable soup in a bowl and combined it with a cup of the impromptu vichyssoise. I took a taste and said to my husband "This reminds me of something." I took another bite. "It tastes like ketchup on french fries!" I had him taste it and he said "You're right!" It made sense that the thick potato and tomato combo would trigger this taste association. We laughed at the surprise and I named it french fry soup.

0 comments: