Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Taking Care

I was inspired by my neighbor who is out taking care of things this morning. So I picked up all of trash that blows through the fence from the wind-tunnel trash-tornado next door. It's an annual event. Pick up the trash just before the forsythia blooms.

I remember wanting to have a house to have something to take care of. I thought I would never be bored or lonely again because I could always take care of my house. I am a foolish dreamer! I am not always able to take care of my house to the level I would prefer but she seems to understand and forgive me. I make her promises, as soon as I can I will, and she stands stoically through the winter storms. I live and work in her many rooms thanks to her sturdy and humble magnificence.

In the rooms we call our lives.
-A favorite line from a Jane Shore poem.

0 comments: