Sunday, February 8, 2009

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Brownies

On the back of the big bag of Stop and Shop semi sweet chocolate chips there's a recipe for chocolate chip cookies. I followed the recipe but I substituted peanut butter for regular butter and I used whole wheat flour, skipped the nuts and used all of the chocolate chips in the bag! The batter was dry so I added two more eggs. I pressed the batter into a round pre-greased clay pan and baked it in a preheated 35o degree oven for 30-35 minutes. When it cooled I brought them to band rehearsal in a cardboard box. They were a hit. The old fashioned Providence made peanut butter tastes great, adding an earthy taste. Enjoy!

1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla or more
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
4 eggs
24 oz semi sweet choc chips (a pound and a half)

0 comments: