Saturday, April 28, 2012

New Growth

I've been trimming our front hedges which have covered our picture window. We've not done it since 2006. It's wonderful to have a buffer of green shrubbery sheltering us from the big yellow brick multifamily opposite us. That said, their porch dramas are always entertaining. We call it "dinner theater." We still have good seats at our round table in the front room.

My hands trembling from working the manual hedge clippers. Almost got it all but the big manual loppers are now jammed. Only a few more branches that I can't reach.

Last night we draped our philodendron and aloe plants in a blanket to shield them from frost.

Today is planting day at the community garden. I like to plant basil, parsley, and kale and arugula because each leaf is a thrill, and edible!

I trimmed the raspberry bushes last month as Armand told me to and this morning I noticed my raspberry bushes have new growth.

0 comments: