Monday, April 22, 2013

Turkey Stock

The all day simmer of the turkey carcass led to an amazing clear stock. I had added the large outer leaves of my cabbage, celery tops, red chili, and four large black skinned radishes when boiling the turkey bones. Now the stock has been strained and it is so amazing. The smokey taste is there. Last night I added fresh spinach, mushrooms, onions, carrots, scallions, garlic, soy sauce and jalapenos for a quick soup. Each day I take some broth and add a few veggies for a quick lunch. I could smoke a turkey just for the stock. One year our friend Tony smoked a pig and we made stock from the skin. It lasted all winter. I love vegetables more than life itself and I like meat as a spice!

Today is the first day my clothes are drying on the clothesline in the sun. It is a good feeling to look out of my office window and see them swaying and colorful like Tibetan prayer flags.

0 comments: