Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Curry Coconut Cauliflower Chicken

When I opened the pantry I spotted the curry packages I had bought eons ago at the Asian market. The package read best if used by 1999. Oh well, what's fifteen years for a sealed package? I defrosted a few boneless chicken breasts and sliced them into cubes and simmered them with olive oil, a few ladles full of home made pork stock, and the small package of curry powder. I spontaneously added a cup of shredded sweetened coconut into the pot. On another burner I boiled a big pot of water for cooking a pound of whole wheat pasta. When there were 4 more minutes to go on the noodles I threw in a whole heads-worth of chopped cauliflower so it cooked in the spaghetti water. When it was cooked I drained it all into the colander. Then I threw everything into my foot-wide cast iron frying pan and tossed in the curry chicken coconut mixture and stirred in some almonds. All it needed was salt. It was spectacular.

0 comments: