Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wednesday Roast Chicken

I am roasting a chicken. I didn't plan on it but they were on sale and I was feeling good so I bought one on Sunday night. It's 8 pounds. I didn't stay in the mood when I got home and so I began fretting about freezing it until the mood returned. Then this morning I was really blue so I walked Lily right away to snap out of it and I ran into a friend with her dog. We told stories and had some laughs while standing under the tree with our dogs and I was healed. When I got home I mixed up some sourdough in my big plastic bucket. When I went to put it in the fridge to rise there was no room because of the 8 pound chicken. So I decided its time to roast my chicken. Now that she is rinsed dried and seasoned and in the big oval iron pot I am getting excited.

0 comments: