Saturday, March 7, 2015

Pressure Cooker Workshop

Years ago I taught a pressure cooker workshop at the Learning Connection. We made applesauce, potato salad, rice and beans cooked simultaneously and separately, and lamb stew. It was a blast!

When my friend Phoebe's Sardinian born roommate cooked for her and the other room mates, he always used the pressure cooker he brought from Italy, and made fabulous mushroom beef stews using mushrooms he harvested.

These days I rarely find pressure cooker aficionados. Maybe it's time to teach another workshop. I noticed Job lot had Presto pressure cookers. They are the best! And get yourself a copy of Lorna Sass' COOKING UNDER PRESSURE. My rule is don't leave the room when cooking under pressure.

Armand Felice told me a secret: always wet the sealing ring with cold water before you begin and you'll never have to replace it. Thank you Armand.

0 comments: