Monday, January 11, 2016

Crushed Macaroni!

My husband bought me Marion Cunningham's book Learning to Cook with Marion Cunningham because I LOVE HER, got to meet her, and I collect her books. I am baking her 'Crushed Macaroni and Vegetables' right now and it smells fabulous. I love that she has you crush the dry elbow macaroni in a ziploc bag using a rolling pin before baking it with the vegetables in the casserole dish. I love simple delicious one pot meals and this is one of them.

In my adapted version I used eggplant sliced into 1/4 inch rounds, dried tomatoes, a can of crushed tomatoes, a cup of dry (crushed) wholegrain elbow macaroni, 1/3 cup of olive oil, 4 cloves of garlic, and salt. I baked it in a covered casserole dish. We ate it hot with Romano cheese sprinkled on top. It tasted fabulous, just like lasagna.

0 comments: