Monday, July 25, 2011

Sage Pesto, Home Made Noodles + Pasta Chips

My friend Chelsea showed me that you could make pesto from fresh sage. The herb has been growing in my backyard for years! I picked a bunch and combined it with olive oil, salt, and fresh garlic and pureed it in my blender. I made homemade semolina + whole-wheat pasta, boiled it and mixed the pesto in. Delicious.

While rolling the noodles and hanging them on my wooden clothes rack to dry, I put a few noodle scraps on a plate and zapped them in the microwave for the fun of it. The pasta came out crispy, like pasta chips. I had to be careful not to burn them! I imagine you could also place the strips of pasta on a hot pizza stone for a minute to toast. Next time I'll mix herbs in with the pasta dough and make herb-flavored pasta chips.

0 comments: