Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chinese Soup and Ice Fishing

I love the winter. I sharpened my skates last night.

My neighbor Steven was just telling me all about the joys of ice fishing. I want to experience it.

I just found GOLD~ a frozen container of clear golden stock chicken or is it turkey stock in my freezer? It wasn't labeled but it is good. I am making a vat of Asian vegetable soup out of it ~ Napa cabbage, Chinese broccoli, mushrooms, chopped fresh ginger root, fresh garlic, lots of fresh scallions, and simmer. I stopped in at the Asian Market on Clinton Street next to the Harris Public Library. I was able to tie up Lily to the big metal sign post and run in and buy vegetables while keeping my eye on her through the gigantic plate glass windows.

I feel extremely LUCKY in spite of migraine. Wearing sunglasses helps, and making soup helps.

0 comments: