Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lester Esser a Personal Chef

Powdered Gold, a true story by Lester Esser

I recently ran into a friend, who mentioned a story that I posted on my facebook page when I was just starting up my personal chef business. I have fun making things seem darker than they really are.

Powdered Gold

It’s hard to believe, I’m nearly 50 years old and I’m in The Legacy Mall parking lot’s looking for my connection. A woman friend I’ve learned to trust over the years. It all seems too sleazy like I’m playing a younger man’s game. I know the stuff she has is the highest quality. After all I am unemployed and need something to occupy my time other than red wine. I do get by with a little help from my friends.

Several cell phone calls back and forth. I find her. It’s all too cute, her child in the back seat of the Volvo. She says she’ll drive me back to my car, you don’t want to carry the stuff through the parking lot and you did order 16 lbs. I hop in; I pull the cash out of my pocket and hand it to her. “We good?” I ask. She smiles and nods her head. I point her in the direction of my vehicle. Driving home the excitement is almost too much, I smile happy to have in my possession, the powdered gold, 16lbs of high quality, organic, baker’s ground whole wheat bread flour.

0 comments: