Saturday, January 31, 2015

Chicken Salad and Chicken Stock

I just walked the loop since I was getting grouchy working since 4 AM and not having left the house all day. At 4PM I got out for a walk in the zero degree sunshine and wind. I LOVED IT. It was revitalizing. Now I'm ready to grocery shop at Jamie's before he closes thru Monday! I made chicken salad part two with scallions but I need celery and pepperoncini. I need to write letters. I need to dance around the house playing my sax. Sweet dreams. We have to hang onto a teaspoon of home heating oil since delivery isn't until Tuesday. By the way why do insurance companies always say they will refuse to pay after the fact. Is everyone a criminal? Don't answer that. Tomorrow we shovel the flat roof of the double garage. I love it because it's my life, my house my garage. I'm not a child-slave anymore. Yahoo!!

Chicken salad
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A chicken salad made with celery, cucumber, apples, fresh dill, and mayonnaise with salt and pepper
Type Salad or sandwich
Main ingredients Chicken
Cookbook:Chicken salad Chicken salad

Chicken salad is any salad that counts chicken as a main ingredient. Other common ingredients may include mayonnaise, hard-boiled egg, celery, onion, pepper, pickles and a variety of mustards.

In the United States, "chicken salad" refers to either any salad with chicken, or a specific mixed salad consisting primarily of chopped chicken meat and a binder, such as mayonnaise or salad dressing. Like tuna salad and egg salad, it may be served on top of lettuce, tomato, avocado, or some combination of these. It may also be used for sandwiches. Typically it is made with leftover or canned chicken. It may also refer to a garden salad with fried, grilled, or roasted chicken (usually cut up) on top.

In Europe and Asia the salad may be complemented by any number of dressings, or indeed no dressing at all, and the salad constituents can vary from traditional leaves and vegetables, to pastas, couscous, noodles or rice.

The American form of chicken salad was first served by Town Meats in Wakefield, Rhode Island, in 1863. The original owner, Liam Gray,[1] mixed his leftover chicken with mayonnaise, tarragon, and grapes. This became such a popular item that the meat market was converted to a delicatessen.

0 comments: