Saturday, January 31, 2015

Yesterday

Yesterday I was at City Hall at 8:15 am and had meetings all day until 1PM. When I got home I was starving so I made chicken salad from my chopped bits of leftover blizzard chicken. I added chopped red onion and chopped celery, pepperoncini, vinegar, mayo and lots of cholula and rooster hot sauce. It was snowing slush out of the sky. Deep freeze was expected overnight so I decided I'd batter tackle the 4 foot pile of fallen snow on the flat roof over the dining room. I climbed up to the 2nd floor porch and jumped onto the roof with my shovel and shoveled the two ton pile for 2 hours straight. It was satisfying to hear the bricks of snow fall in the alley. Neighbors saw me from the street and one neighbor across the street who had to shovel his roof last week, opened his 2nd floor window to talk to me. I waved. My face was beet red. I was roasting hot from exertion. I felt a little delirious and wobbly. At one point I lay down on the snow pile and put snow on my neck and forehead to cool off. Then I got up and continued until the pile was gone. I was elated and exhausted by what I accomplished. I took a hot shower and changed my clothes. I felt great. When Bill got home I told him I had an early Valentine surprise for him. A cleared off roof.

0 comments: