Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ice Picnic

I made my first pumpkin pie last night before bed. We cooled it in the cold kitchen in front of the tiny antique fan so we could each have a slice before bed. It was delicious this morning cold, with hot coffee. The flavors landed as we slept.

I think pie is my new best friend. I am in love with the single press in pie crust - perfect for an intimidated beginner and I have a thing for triangles. When we first bought our house one cupboard was accidentally left full of glassware. Inside it was amongst the kitcheny things was a Tupperware triangular one-slice pie container. We have used it to carry raisins and almonds and sunflower seeds on car trips. Now I will use it for what it was built for. I'll have an ice picnic on the Pothier Monument.

Ice picnic pie, with pooch?

Maybe I'll fill my next pie with live frogs or song birds.
read

0 comments: