Friday, April 27, 2012

Italian Improvisation

I often have no idea what I am going to make I just start doing things. My onions and garlic were sprouting and my spinach was wilting so I decided to get to work salvaging them. I boiled up a batch of whole wheat penne while sauteing the onions and spinach and chopped (cored) garlic in extra virgin olive oil (from job lot). I combined the cooked penne and the veggies in my large shallow casserole dish and covered the whole mess with six slices of provolone and baked it at 350 F until the cheese browned and the scent climbed the stairs to my office. It was delicious. We ate it with Jamie Sullivan's amazing hand-made hot Italian sausage patties, broiled. Shaw's Meat is located at 107 North Main Street in Woonsocket, Rhode Island. Jamie makes an assortment of creative sausage blends like apple sage, spinach and cheese, Chinese spices, with a rotating assortment of meats; chicken, turkey, or pork. They're always super fresh and delicious. If you live out of town find out if he ships them. They're that good!

0 comments: