Saturday, November 16, 2013

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Waffles

We finally fixed the waffle iron and had a big sit down breakfast of buttered pumpkin waffles with maple syrup and black coffee. I finally figured out what creeps me out about my delicious pancakes and waffles. They are springy and this human quality reminds me of cadavers. Next time I will try making them crispy. There are so many waffles that we'll be popping them into the toaster for the days ahead. You can also use sourdough starter in this recipe.

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Waffles
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1+ tsp. kosher salt
4 eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree (or applesauce or mashed banana)
2 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar or white sugar and dark molasses
1/3+ c corn oil
1 tsp. vanilla

directions:
Preheat waffle iron, brush with oil
pour in batter, bake 3-4 minutes
Serve with maple syrup + butter

0 comments: