Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tap Dancer Brian Jones

Brian Jones celebrates forty-one years as a tap dancer and choreographer in 2013. Known for his tap dance company, The All-Tap Revue, and his partnerships with Susan Boyce, Jones & Boyce, and Donald Suthard, Street Tap, Brian has toured as a modern-day vaudevillian from Hawaii to Europe.

He has shared the bill with The Persuasions, Wally Rose, Robert Goulet, Ethel Merman and The Boston Philharmonic Orchestra. Crediting his eleventh-grade English teacher with
opening his eyes and ears to tap, Jones continues the great tap tradition of handing down from one generation to the next this uniquely American dance form.

Rhode Island's premiere tap dancer is a rhythmic force of nature.
— Festival of the Arts, Mohonk Mountain House

Hi Emily,
I'm happy to hear from you! This is my 41st year as a professional tap dancer. I just turned 60, and while I'm careful about my diet I can't pretend I take any special care. I agree wholeheartedly with the previous professional dancer's advice, well said.

My best kitchen advice is to simplify. I am more likely to make good food if preparation is easy (or E-Z). I use organic ingredients, here are four of my favorite recipes for E-Z cooking:

Four-Ingredient Chicken Parmesan with Oregano

1 pound boneless chicken
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated cheese
1 tablespoon oregano
Place chicken in baking dish. Mix other ingredients well, spoon over chicken.
Bake uncovered at 350 for 1/2 hour.
Serve over rice, with lemon wedge.


Four-Ingredient Salad

Spinach greens
Ricotta cheese
Cherry tomatoes
Avocado


Four-Ingredient Salad Dressing

Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt
Pepper


Four-Ingredient Cold Fruit Soup

1 pineapple
2 grapefruits
3 bananas
orange juice
Slice, cut, and scoop the fruit, combine in bowl, cover with orange juice and refrigerate.

My best to you and your readers--

-Brian Jones

0 comments: