Monday, November 4, 2013

Rebuilding the Boiler

The boiler man is working away rebuilding the stomach of our ancient Weil Mclain boiler. I am standing next to the portable electric radiator. I am stewing chicken, tomato, onion, olives, and celery. The idea of a hot meal warms me up!

Yesterday I did get to take Lily for a big walk. I climb the walls and so does she if we can't get out for some fresh air and sunshine. At sunset, I fished out the cooked chicken before it fell apart. I added some fast soaked and simmered chic peas now that there was room in the pot. Then we ran out to Price Rite and got whole wheat macaroni, cabbage, onions, carrots, eggs, sponges, mayonnaise, toothpaste and soap. We ran out of gas on the way home but that's another story. I was exhausted and in dream land by 8PM.

0 comments: