Sunday, November 16, 2014

Gloop Queen

I am becoming quite fond of gloop. Each time we unearth a container of it from the freezer I put it in the crock pot and add water to simmer and then I start adding anything lying around that seems good until the pot is full to the brim because I can't help myself. All of my pots get filled to the brim.

Last night I added a frozen tomato eggplant sauce that I had made back in August, with some freshly chopped green cabbage and some frozen corn niblets. Then I added Adobo seasoning and some more chicken tenders which I fished out and chopped into bite sized pieces after they defrosted in the gloop. It was delicious. The perfect meal in a bowl.

I am thinking I can always make gloop if I have a few essentials on hand for example: canned tomatoes, lentils, rice, onions, celery, garlic, olive oil, Adobo, chicken (or any fish or meat). When our market sells boneless chicken breasts on sale I like to purchase a bunch and freeze them small containers.

Soon the snow and ice will be here trapping us inside. Be prepared to warm your belly and share your gloop with a friend or neighbor.

0 comments: