Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lazy With Leftovers

I have my phases of being very lazy and low energy in the kitchen. It happens every few months and can last for months. Here's a perfect home cooked fast-food dish I made the other night and with variations the past few days. It felt like a great invention and perfect match to my lazy phase.
Take leftover rice or pasta put in a Pyrex bowl with fitting lid. A bowl with a plate on top will work fine too! Rinse and chop snow peas and add scallions and mushrooms if you have them. Place in the bowl with the rice add bloops of olive oil and splashes of soy sauce and cover and zap in the microwave for three or four minutes and voila! A fantastic lunch or supper....or late breakfast. This works well because snow peas, scallions and mushrooms are perfect cooked aldente. I sometimes cook a pot of rice or noodles in the morning while I'm having my tea, so I can generate leftovers.

1 Comment

Vague Moon said...

Em, I am definitely having one of those kitchen lazy months... thanks for the idea, will try tonight!