Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Flour Power

World peace through bread!

Last night I scooped 6 cups of medium grind whole wheat flour and teaspoon of Fleishmann's Instant Active Dry yeast, some of my sourdough starter goop, and a Tablespoon of Kosher salt into a big bowl and added about 3 cups of wrist temperature (warm) water to moisten. I stirred it and set it out to rise overnight in the bowl covered with a wooden cutting board. In the morning the dough had risen to the top of the bowl. I shaped the dough into 4 grapefruit sized balls and fit them snugly in my pre-greased dutch oven. I covered it and let it proof in my warm oven while I took a shower and then baked it at 450 until done. (about 50 minutes) The dough rose beautifully and has segments from the 4 risen dough balls. The dough remembers!

0 comments: