Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pay me in Spinach

You could pay me in spinach! I love spinach mushrooms, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, and onions this much.

I love corn and pumpkin too. I love oats! I love wheat and barley and rye.

When I learned how to cook I didn't realize that I was really learning how to live. My window into cooking was through making simple wholesome things. I made applesauce in nursery school, granola and blueberry and apple pies when I was in junior high, and breads and soups when I was a freshman in high school. I lived on my home made onion soup and popcorn and home made yogurt in college. Then I learned a lot of things working as a prep chef in a restaurant. More recently I started introducing meat as a spice into my repertoire, making Chinese dumplings. I still love vegetables more than anything. You really could pay me in spinach . . . . and black olives!

0 comments: