Friday, August 8, 2014

Marinades Work while you Sleep

When I was a prep chef at Leo's in the 80's I learned a lot about cooking from their head cooks. This job was FUN and it taught me more than I was learning in college.

Lately I have been making yogurt marinades. Anything that infuses flavor while you sleep is excellent cooking in my book.

INGREDIENTS

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3 pounds)
1 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup olive oil plus more for brushing
3-6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice or lemon juice
lemon or lime zest (optional)
1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for seasoning
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
coriander seeds (optional)
Hungarian paprika (optional)

I took my leftover chicken, chopped it up and mixed with leftover cooked brown rice, rolled them up in grape leaves with roasted sunflower seeds.



0 comments: