Friday, April 17, 2015

Gloop Phase: Gloop on Brown Rice

We've been in a fad lately. When I am in 'receive mode' I don't care about food. I have to make myself eat so I don't faint. This is where gloop comes in handy. Gloop is celery, onions, olives, wine, spices, garlic, canned crushed tomatoes, lentils or any bean, some optional chicken fish or meat which is then combined and simmered all day or overnight in the slow cooker. At supper it is served over brown rice or wheat berries or barley or any wholesome grains or noodles. I make a vat of gloop and freeze it in quart containers and we are all set for the gloop phase for a while. The idea is when you don't feel like cooking or eating you still have something wholesome to sustain you. "Gloop is how most of the world eats," my husband reminds me. True!

0 comments: