Friday, October 9, 2015

Top Round Tsimmes

I walked by the butcher shop and bought a special top round roast on sale today while my dog waited eagerly outside. When I got home I looked at 5 different recipes and then I cut loose. I browned the roast on all sides in olive oil in my dutch oven on the stove top. I opened the windows and shared the aroma with my neighbors. Then I got out a larger Dutch oven and filled it with chopped onions and carrots and potatoes prunes and olives placing the browned roast on top. I added a quart of homemade chicken stock covered her up and set her in a 325 oven. Who knows! I just want good food and good smells in my house. The wind is blowing and doors are opening and closing on their own. Rain is expected tonight so I'd better put out the buckets and towels.

It was delicious!

0 comments: