Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Environmental Thinking

I remember asking a friend who was an avid environmentalist why are you using plastic tampons? She never thought about it but immediately stopped. I want to ask folks who buy individual plastic cups of yogurt and folks who buy liquid laundry soap etc., why? When you can be saving the planet from more plastic, and saving fuel and money by buying laundry powders. As a child I would marvel at my mother who seemed incapable of washing and rinsing pots and pans properly. I figured it was because she had a live-in maid her whole life. Convenience is a myth we pay dearly for. Cake mixes and pre-made pie crust taste like the hands of robots and ten thousand other chemicals your grandmother wouldn't recognize - or willingly ingest. If your going to be phobic about food be phobic about the chemicals and the garbage we generate, and vital resources we waste. Pay attention!

0 comments: