Sunday, December 21, 2014

Carrot Chocolate or Cocoanut Birthday Cake

My photographer pal Andy Dickerman made a great carrot cake last Saturday and I am obsessed with duplicating it. Andy, if you read this give me the recipe! He is off-line on-the-road driving to Mexico. Smart guy.
I remember when I was 11 and carrot cake was the new thing. My birthday is this week and perhaps I should make this for myself. As a child I always asked for a coconut cake and one year my mother made one in the shape of a snowman. It was a vertical cake with two discs balanced on their rim! My pal Francine made a pineapple coconut butterfly cake this summer. Maybe that will be my cake.
One year I made a chocolate cake for my birthday and floated it in a pond. We swam around it before we ate it. It was my half birthday celebrated in June.

0 comments: