Friday, October 12, 2018

Spontaneous Spinach Alfredo

There was nothing in the house except egg noodles and frozen spinach, evaporated milk, fresh garlic, Adobo, grated Romano cheese and olive oil. Guess what? That's all I needed to make a terrific supper. I pressure cooked the egg noodles for 4 minutes using a little bit of salt and olive oil and just enough water to cover the noodles. At the same time I microwaved the frozen spinach in a glass covered casserole dish with one can of evaporated milk. Meanwhile I chopped 6 cloves of garlic. When the noodles were done I fast-cooled the pressure cooker in the sink under cold water and drained them in a colander. I added a generous amount of olive oil to a large pot (I used the bottom half of the pressure cooker), and sauteed the garlic. As soon as the garlic was golden I tossed in the warm spinach/evaporated milk mixture with a good amount of grated Romano cheese, sprinkles of Adobo and red chili flakes, black pepper and salt. I added the noodles and stirred. Done! Delicious! My husband had seconds. I think this would also be great with sauteed mushrooms...

0 comments: