Friday, February 21, 2014

Giulietta Carrelli

“Tables and chairs are not my thing. I want to make everybody coexist and make it so you have to talk to each other. I hate separating the masses.” This eye toward quirky artistry, environmental stewardship and community involvement, paired with a bit of off-beat nutrition, is the axis on which Trouble Coffee spins.

That, and the unique house breakfast special that Carrelli has eaten daily for years: the Build Your Own Damn House, featuring a cup of coffee, a whole Thai coconut and a slab of insanely indulgent cinnamon toast. “I’m an ocean swimmer. I wanted something that would warm me up, sustain my energy and not make me crash.” Pair it all with a vitamin-C-packed “Yoko Ono”–a shot of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice–and, she notes, “If you have nothing else all day, not even a cup of water, you won’t die.” Oh, and incidentally, it’s delicious.

Source
Read more about this amazing and brave woman here.

0 comments: