Monday, November 3, 2008

Spider Pot Chicken

All is well over here. I am feeling extremely lucky. I feel as though we are going to move towards greatness again. Obama rocks! To celebrate we walked to the Asian American Market on North main Street and I bought a chicken and Asian vegetables. I love this market! Tonight I saw the owners were drying thin slices of beef on racks using a fan.

I am baking my six pound chicken standing on its end on a trivet in an antique cast iron spider pot fitted with a cast iron cover. The bird cavity is jammed with a whole bulb of garlic, a two inch knuckle of ginger root and a whole lime. Surrounding the bird in the remaining space are whole carrots, whole potatoes, and a whole onion. I had to take all the shelves out of the oven to fit this pot inside! I have been basting the bird and vegetables using my turkey baster!

0 comments: