Saturday, January 15, 2011

Inhale Deeply

Yesterday I realized I had dropped my asthma inhaler somewhere. It must have landed in the snow on my jaunt through in the cemetery with Lily. I even went back to look for it, but neither Lily nor I could find it. Years ago I had a black and tan coonhound and when I accidentally dropped my keys one day we returned to the cemetery and she picked up our scent and was able to find them. Perhaps I should carry my inhaler inside a duck decoy, perfect for a Labrador retriever! I was a little worried about my lungs so I made several pots of tea, which is an excellent bronchodilator in a pinch, and that held me over until I could get a new inhaler a few hours later. I never take breathing for granted anymore. While I was waiting I made a new inhaler pouch by salvaging the back pocket of an old pair of black denim jeans. It's a perfect pocket pouch! There's just enough friction to keep it from sliding out of my coat pocket and I can wear it around my neck in the summer.

0 comments: