Thursday, September 26, 2013

Greens Surprise Soup

I just bought many pounds of chicken legs for 69 cents a pound -- my butcher Jamie Sullivan SHAW'S MEATS NORTH MAIN STREET is also my art gallery. Yes, really! So I walk over and tie up Lily and run in for the bargains! I also bought a smoked pork chop on a whim. I came home and made a vat of greens: washed and chopped bunches of kale and swiss chard, I threw them in my largest soup pot. I added in my cooked chic peas and the broth, the cubed smoked pork chop, I smashed, salted, and chopped the garlic, threw in a few inches of whole ginger root, lots of soy sauce and I pan fried the chicken legs in olive oil and threw in some beer to deglaze the pan, and when cooked I added them to the vat of greens. So good! I was in a froth doing my chaotic kitchen joy dance. All inspired by this guys post. Meanwhile a guy I know took away our old washer for scrap metal. Life is perfect today.

0 comments: