Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Bread is Performance

I woke up at 4 AM because I am baking today and I had to see if my six batches of bread rose in my boiler room. It did. Now I have bubbles in my tummy because bread is PERFORMANCE! I am baking for a new group today.

Update:

The breads came out great. I got to know the other kitchen crew and discover which pans fit in the oven!

15 pounds of flour yielded a lot of braided loaves. They were a blend of 10 pounds of white, 5 pounds of whole wheat, oats, cornmeal, sourdough starter, and potato broth, and garbanzo bean broth. I used 1/2 teaspoon of Fleishmann's yeast and a tablespoon Kosher salt per 6-7 cup flour for each bucket.

Pastor Rebecca was happy and everyone loved the scent of the bread baking. It will be served tomorrow at 4 PM supper.

I got to sample the dwarf loaf at home with oil cured olives.

0 comments: