Sunday, December 6, 2015

Cajun Spice Roasted Potatoes

I bought some Cajun spice last night for roasting a bunch of potatoes. First I rinsed the potatoes. I cut out the eyes and problem spots. I sliced each potato into six wedges and put them in a bucket of cold water and placed it in the fridge. A few hours later I drained them and then dried them with a kitchen towel. Then I put them in a big bowl with olive oil and tossed them to coat each slice. Then I sprinkled the Cajun spice and stirred everything some more. I distributed the slices over two trays trying not to have the slices touch because you want them to dry out. I put them in a 450 degree oven and I placed them on the low oven shelves close to the heating element (otherwise you are baking not roasting). I stirred them every 15 minutes until done. It took about an hour. Smoke alarms went off. They were delicious!

0 comments: