Tuesday, October 9, 2012

House Incense

I decided to freeze the uncooked Italian sausages for the future when they leapt into my pot. So I went with it. I emptied 4 large cans of crushed tomatoes, and I chopped celery, carrots, and a bunch of black olives, which I sliced into tiny circles. I added a splash of cheap port. This will simmer all day creating the ultimate house incense - the comforting smell of tomato sauce.

The local festivities are over and the city will slowly dismantle the amusements that were up and running over the weekend. I wish we had funding to keep the WWII park alive again. If I was a philanthropist I would! This park is the Central Park of Woonsocket and it has been abandoned by the State of Rhode Island because Woonsocket is the scapegoat of the state. Our former Mayor Susan Menard made sure we were not left out of what belongs to us. She fought to keep the park alive for 15 years, and won.

0 comments: