Friday, October 12, 2012

House of Pie

I have renamed my house, HOUSE OF PIE. I am enjoying pumpkin pie made the simple way (recipe on the ONE PIE brand can) and my crust is improvisation inspired by wine biscotti. I use medium grind whole wheat flour, corn oil, cheap port, sugar, and a pinch of salt. Taste test. If I hadn't eaten all the apples I'd be making an apple pie with oat crumble crust. I sent my husband on a mission: to get a bushel of 'seconds' apples from the orchard or not be let back in the house!

It may seem like an overdose of orange colors but pumpkin ice cream on pumpkin pie is fun with black coffee. I've already had meatloaf for breakfast so I can see it will be a backwards day with a frost tonight. We'll either bring in the houseplants from the yard or wrap them in fleece. We're parading early and will be assembling at dawn, luckily we have matching wool jackets for the band thanks to beloved Munroe Dairy.

0 comments: