Thursday, May 2, 2013

Please, No Gongs!

We are in summer camp without the summer or the camp--
or perhaps its a writing retreat without retreating!
or a spiritual retreat without the robes and incense and gongs.

please, no gongs!


Woke with Bill's alarm 4AM with the most severe allergy headache--
stayed in bed hoping it would go away.

When I opened the curtain at 5AM, I gagged from the emerging light.
no joke

I went downstairs.

Bill was at his desk
I apologized and turned off all of the lights
but I turned on the pre loaded coffeepot
took all the sinus and headache medicine
with a banana

sat on kitchen stool in the dark

went up to read Writer's Almanac.

head still hurt,
put on my sweatshirt.
felt restrictive
tore it off,

gagged
vomited banana
then made toast in the dark
starting to feel better.
whew.

saw my life flash before my eyes.
health is wealth.

Glad I am not Anne Boleyn -second wife of England's King Henry VIII although a beheading is one option to cure a headache.

in my studio was a racket
of birds

window open
I hear them all.

0 comments: