Saturday, May 11, 2013

Unmarked and Unscented

I decided to defrost all of the unmarked containers in my chest-freezer to discover the contents. Half of the containers were gems. There were two portions of cooked cubed potatoes, which I added to the vegetable soup I was simmering and there were 4 containers of a (still aromatic) greens and smoked ham soup. The other half a dozen containers were unmarked and unscented and the color of beets, so I tossed them.

I took a walk and Lily led me to tour favorite local butcher shop. I tied her out front and she was happy to sit under the shade of the maple tree watching people come and go. I had a visit with Jamie and bought chicken breasts and ground sirloin on sale. When I got home I set up a slow cooker stew with ten-thousand million-year-old-sun-dried tomatoes, corn, carrots, wheat berries, and the chicken. It simmered all night.

The irony is my freezer will fill up again. But this time I will date and label the containers because just like with my clothes closet, I never remember what's inside!

0 comments: