Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Great Day for Prostitution

I couldn't wait to dig into a sample of the bargain chicken. I marinated a pound of chicken in 1/4 cup of wine vinegar, freshly peeled garlic cloves, 1/4 cup of olive oil, a tablespoon of Guilden's mustard, a tablespoon of honey, a splash of soy sauce. I buzzed it all in the old Waring blender. Then I chopped the marinated chicken into bits and cooked them in my small lidded cast iron skillet with some previously-cooked slices of Yukon gold potatoes. As the moisture steamed away I added some reserved potato water from the fridge and a few splashes of Cholula hot sauce. Then I recovered it and let it cook some more. When it was done, I added it all to a big bowl of raw spinach leaves and sliced raw onion. I topped the spinach leaves with a salad dressing that was the same as my chicken marinade formula.

I looked out the window and saw a woman in a sleeveless magenta tank top bare armed on this zero degree day. I jumped up to see. She wore nothing but black tights and her skimpy top and sneakers. She was going down the street workin' it. She stopped to ask a trucker for a light. She put her hand on his and thanked him, tossing her head back. Then she stopped at the intersection and watched the male traffic watching her. A great day for prostitution.

0 comments: