Friday, February 7, 2014

Miracle Soup

The parish was thrilled about the donation of fifty pounds of KING ARTHUR bread flour and the plan to have live acoustic music to accommodate the community suppers.

The week after next on Tuesday February 18th the local girl scout troupe will bake braided breads with me for the Feed My Sheep community supper. Adorable! I can't wait.

Today I cooked in the Alice in Wonderland Kitchen- I had two new students and we made bread from scratch. One of my students has a dad who turns 94 Valentine's Day. Turns out I know him, he lives on my walk. Small world.

The meat raffle lady was unable to come so I prepped the ziti and tomato sauce supper she normally prepares for tonight. I made 10 pounds of ziti and added gallons of tomato sauce with 10 pounds of cooked hamburger cooked with basil, oregano, parsley, and garlic. It will be warmed up in 4 gigantic metal trays for the meat raffle at 5PM.

I made mocha and ate my applesauce and granola when I got home.

It feels good to teach and have a job as a volunteer.

0 comments: