Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I am Boring

I get headaches from wine, canker sores from chocolate and hard candy, and stomach aches from anything rich and oily. I get dizzy and nauseous when I see moving screens like ipads. I go to bed at 8PM, the same time as when I was 12. I hate to travel, I hate cars, jewelry and any blatant and loud signs of privilege. I despise perfume or scented soaps and I loathe boats, buses and planes.

I love cows, grain, cruciferous vegetables, black hot coffee, deep snow, bare trees, solitude classical radio, long underwear, and warm socks. I love urban neighborhoods, clotheslines, black and white photography, dogs, books made out of paper, cats, goats, chickens, baritone saxes, elephants, reading poetry, painting with oils, and baking bread.

I love people watching especially in the grocery store. I love reading about mental illnesses. I love staring at leaves on a tree moving in the wind. I love to swim across cold quiet ponds. I love to drink hot coffee while standing in the deep snow in my urban backyard at 4 AM.

0 comments: