Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Cabbage on Call

I love cabbage. I used to tell my parents that I must've been adopted because I love cabbage and opera but grew up with neither.

At Price Rite I bought 3 baby-head sized cabbages, one Asian napa cabbage, and a savoy cabbage.

Yesterday I just started chopping because a friend was coming to lunch. I made an Asian style stir fry with the napa and the savoy cabbages and added rooster sauce, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, and soy sauce to the oil. I defrosted boneless chicken breasts and added them in. I chopped carrots and added them too, and some leftover beans. It was spectacular!

Before bed I chopped more cabbage. I filled two gigantic containers and said to my husband. "It's cabbage on call!" The next morning I added buttermilk and mustard to make coleslaw, another favorite food.

0 comments: