Saturday, July 26, 2014

Shared Dumplings

I have been inspired by my new neighbors a family running the Dominican Mini Mart across the street. This week I bought their Goya brand empanada dough and made empanadas. First I pan fried them and that was okay after I climbed on the chair to dismantle the smoke alarm, but last night I baked them and they were fantastic, like little portable pies. My husband loved them too!

The possibilities for empanadas are infinite, as the world has already known for millenia. Every culture has their dumpling, and their song.

I am new to the planet. In high school I used to say,"I just got here" feeling like I fell to earth.

If we shared dumplings and music we wouldn't waste our precious time with war, there would be no reason to.

Dumplings of all nations, and world polka. Rock on!

ps

I need to learn belly dancing.

0 comments: