Friday, October 5, 2012

A Farmer's Breakfast

I have this theory that you can't make something unless you have a passion for the food itself. In my case it's completely true. I am not much of a cookie baker - most seem too sweet and too buttery for my preference. I prefer digestive biscuits, wine biscuits, dark breads, cornbread, bran muffins, buttermilk scones, pepper biscuits, Parmesan bread-sticks, pumpkin pie, apple pie, and biscotti to enjoy with tea or coffee.

I frequently choose savory, spicy, sour or salty foods over sweet ones. I love pickles, pickled pepperoncini peppers, and green and black olives. Sometimes I like sweet and sour at the same time (jam and tart yogurt cheese on bread).

I love smoked turkey, collard greens and stuffing over dessert. I prefer to have pies for breakfast or afternoon tea. I also adore leftover meat loaf mine is made with oats celery and carrots spiced with gound beef and pork. I love leftover lasagna for breakfast.

Breakfast is a relative word if you get up half a dozen hours before dawn. It's what I call a farmer's breakfast!

0 comments: